Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Know the Symptoms

Cheryl wisely pointed out in a response to my last blog post that we should know the symptoms of heart disease. Paula's death is so fresh for all of us that I had wanted to wait a bit to speak about the need for all of us to be mindful of our health and how heart disease is the number one killer of women in America. When Cheryl pointed this out to me, I really think it underlined the need for me to speak this now.

Take the time to do some reading. I found the following articles to be most noteworthy:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease/HB00040
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3053

Being with Paula's family, enjoying the pictures of her with nieces and nephews and her own children and all of the sewing in the pictures she did for the people she loved, I was keenly aware of how sad it is that she died so young. Like many of us, Paula was so good at caring for others. Let's all take her message to heart and take care of ourselves that we can continue to do that which we love for whom we love.

all the best to you, jill

No comments: