Monday, July 21, 2008

Kicking Up Our Heels!


The staff and I got back from our time at Bernina University. We had a great time kicking up our heels with our friends from Bernina and fellow dealers from across the country. Best of all, we got to get our hands on the new offerings Bernina has created in the 8-series machines. The news releases just hit the web sites. You will want to go to Bernina's web site to read and see it all. These machines will set the world aglow with creative inspiration. Watch our emails and publications to get your chance to try out these new technologies and learn more about the machine.

Another favorite sparkler in the offerings is the Bernina White Pearl machine. With only 3,300 of this Bernina White Pearl available, these will go fast. The machines are hand-painted and numbered. This rare gem will be available in our store soon and just made me want to hug her and bring her home. I want one for me! I think this is going to be a classic and will also be a great invitation to the young sewers....or those of us who think young (that would be you too!!).

While we were at Bernina University, we worked hard but we also had times to play. We got to go for an evening at the Jazz Museum and had a fabulous dinner there....Kansas City style....barbeque of course. We got to celebrate with Therese (our daughter and manager) and her husband Joel. Joel is joining Team Pine Needles as a technician. Training with Deb and Henry, Joel is learning fast. Joel has already declared that his personal sewing machine will be the new Bernina 830 machine. He got a chance to stitch out on it and is already loving the creative side of his job.

Along with the fun and the work, we got to celebrate with our friends Marcia Nagel and Suzie Diemer. Marcia and Tom Nagel, owners of Pine Needles of Cresco and Racine, were honored with the distinction of being designated as the 2008 District Dealer of the Year in our District. Pine Needles of Cedar Rapids began in Cresco and the Nagel family took over Pine Needles of Cresco in 2005 and expanded to Racine, MN. Their hard work and commitment to carry on the traditions that we began are commendable and we are so proud of this honor on their behalf. They have certainly earned this award. Congratulations from the Cedar Rapids team and our family.

As always, the sewing inspiration is my favorite part of Bernina University. Between the Fashion Show, the displays and the many new ideas from fabric designers, national educators and the teams of many companies, we come home exhausted but full of memories of ways to grow our creativity. When I got home tonight, I felt a bit frustrated that I was too exhausted to sew. So, for that weariness in my bones, I will just go to bed and dream of the things I saw and see where that takes my sewing experience for a more rested time to sew! I can't wait to see Therese's camera to capture her pictures as I know she has more to share with us!

jill

No comments: