Thursday, May 5, 2011

More Flip Flap...!

These were actually the first Flip Flap bags that I made.  I al
ways believe that when you make one purse, you ought to make at least a second one. 
All that you learned making the first one, will make the second sew in much less than half the time of the first.  I certainly found that to be true of these Flip Flap bags.

Using four fat quarters for each bag, I was able to get the bag, the handles, the lining and the extra flaps and secret pockets entirely out of the fat quarters.  Clean and clear instructions made this so simple and fun to make.

We all have some fat quarters sitting around that we can't find the matching fabrics and don't know what to do with them.  Too many to just give away and too few to make a quilt....

When I finished these bags, I knew I wanted to embellish them with buttons.  Much to my surprise, we have hair ties in the store that are made from stacked buttons.  I found the PERFECT button set in the hair ties, re-fashioned it to be a decorative button for one of the bags.  The other bag is sporting a set of doubled up Dill buttons. 

Now that outer flap is just screamin for some machine embroidery....more later.  All the Best to You, jill


No comments: